In the season of giving, shopping local is a great way to support local businesses while finding gifts for family and friends. Is it movie tickets for that cinema buff? Or maybe the perfect gift for that coffee lover you know? How about the purchase of a perfect New Year’s Eve dress that will also contribute to the greater good? Fort Worth small businesses can offer all that and more. Check out these 13 local Fort Worth businesses for all the things you’re looking for!
1. BlackLit – Have a book lover on your list this year? Well we have the perfect gift! Nia Tayler wanted to make literacy and books accessible to her community so they were educated and empowered. So she created custom books subscription boxes, featuring black authors and artists. Choose between different subscription boxes that come with one book, 3-5 products from a black-owned business, and various writing prompts. Also support by snagging a sweatshirt that says “Books Are My Love Language” *adds to cart immediately*, or home décor items to spruce up your book nook.
2. Symbology – Merging artisanal fabric techniques with fashion forward designs that gives you a one-of-a-kind item and also connects women in a global community. This is the go-to place for those fashionistas on your list, or even a great dress for your New Years party!
3. Laude the Label – Another great place where all purchases do more than provide that perfect gift. A purchase from Laude the Label (previously Tribe Alive) empowers women around the world to find financial freedom through safe and meaningful employment at fair wages. Shop apparel, jewelry, accessories and much more.
5. Narwhal – This can be an option for those on your list that like gizmos and gadgets. Narwhal is a built-in Bluetooth speaker lid that is water resistant and powered by a rechargeable battery. It fits 20oz and 32oz tumblers such as your Yeti, Ozark, Hydro Flask, etc. It will also work on ALL countertops, desks, coffee tables and nightstands. It’s a speaker that makes anywhere you are feel like a party!
7. Black Coffee – Coffee and culture collide at the eastside coffee shop, Black Coffee. Mia Moss is serving coffee and building community in her neighborhood by providing a space for and by the eastside residents. Grab a gift card, travel mug, bag of local coffee, or the iconic “ No cream, no sugar” sweatshirts. Black Coffee even has coffee scented candles. Say no more, the coffee lover in your life will sure rejoice.
10. Melt Ice Creams – Need an in between shopping pick-me-up? Or how about a flavorful snack while watching that favorite holiday movie? Visit Melt Ice Creams where they are continuing to serve up happiness with their unique ice cream flavors and curbside delivery no matter the season. I personally enjoy a pint of their Merry Marshmallow ice cream, which happens to be nut and gluten free, in front of a roaring fire and cuddled in my blankets. It’s the perfect balance of cold, warm and yummy!
11. gifted. – For those friends who are working on self-care in 2022, look no further than gifted. This is the shop that has products and gifts everyone will *actually* want for the holidays. With curated products like home décor, apothecary products, clothing and jewelry, everything is intentionally sustainable (so you can save the planet while you’re at it!)
12. The Grand Berry Theater – Whether it is date night or family night, The Grand Berry Theater should not be overlooked for a fun holiday experience! Jimmy Sweeney’s indie theater has a cool vibe, from the colorful mural for your Instagram to “adult” beverages of local breweries in Fort Worth. Pick up a gift card for that movie buff friend, or give the perfect gift by getting them a movie subscription. While you’re there, represent The Foundry district with t-shirts and glassware wherever you go.
13. Fort Worth Locals – Show off your Funkytown love at Fort Worth Locals. What started as a popular Fort Worth blog covering all the cool things Fort Worth has to offer, Fort Worth Locals makes sure you are stocked on t-shirts, sweater, beanies, bar glasses, stickers, and much, much more! Don’t sleep on this one during your holiday shopping, especially since it is conveniently located on Magnolia Street (so you can get all your holiday shopping done at once!)
By shopping local and sustainably, we invest in our communities for the long-term. It sparks beautiful relationships that connect creators with customers in an authentic way–allowing creatives with immense passion to pursue their wildest dreams while customers enjoy unique options that tell an amazing story. It’s a win-win.