Global Entrepreneurship Week Fort Worth is next week – November 16 – 20! Here are some exciting points to know as we gear up for Fort Worth’s largest celebration of entrepreneurs. This year we have over 80 sessions during the week so there will be something for everybody’s taste. Here are the top 5 things you need to know about GEW FW this year:
1. We are #1 in the USA! That’s right, GEW FW has the most events scheduled in the entire country. Everything is bigger in Texas, and that’s why we made sure to put Fort Worth and Texas at the top of the list filled with over 70 sessions. Click here to see how other cities and states compare to Fort Worth. Where else can you connect with entrepreneurs around the globe from the comforts of your home or office?
2. It’s free & virtual: Covid made this decision or us, and as much as we’re going to miss rubbing elbows in person with everyone, we’ve fully embraced the virtual platform and the advantages that it brings. It allows for sessions organizers to join us from around the globe AND attendees can tune in from anywhere! As of the time of this writing we have attendees registered from 21 countries and 6 continents (get with the program, Antarctica!). And all sessions are free – just register on the Hopin platform and you get access to all 70+ sessions.
3. Designed for entrepreneurs by entrepreneurs: GEW FW is unique because of our “distributed” model where the organizing committee relies on the local community to organize sessions. Most of these organizers are entrepreneurs themselves, so the information they share has been battle-tested in real life circumstances. You’re not going to find this much free help and advice on launching and growing a company anywhere else.
4. 5 themes to help you choose content: With over 70 sessions on the schedule, we know it’s hard to choose what to watch. That’s why we’ve categorized sessions into our 5 themes:
- Entrepreneurship 101: Discovering resources and events to successfully plan, launch and grow businesses of all stages.
- Main Street North Texas — Celebrating local entrepreneurship by shining the spotlight on startups and small businesses in our own backyards.
- Inclusion — Highlighting the work startup champions are doing around the world to minimize barriers and obstacles for entrepreneurs regardless of their background.
- Emerging tech/Innovation — Exploring the stories, impact and economic effects of current and emerging innovations.
- Funding — Discovering the many different ways to fund a business including equity, loans, grants, and innovative new products.
5. Session from around the globe: In addition to a wide array of local event organizers, we are welcoming organizers from five countries, including Denmark, India, St. Lucia, Sweden, and Ukraine. Furthermore, session panelists will be joining in from numerous other countries. When we say global, we really mean it. Fort Worth is proud to host these entrepreneurs throughout the week and with a little luck maybe we’ll get some of these folks to join us in-person for GEW FW 2021.
It’s going to be a great week – so drop in and be a part of the action… you won’t want to miss it! Tell your friends and colleagues – especially if they own a company or are considering taking that first exciting step into entrepreneurship. See you there!
~ Best wishes from the GEW FW Organizing Team
#gewfw2020 #gewfw #gewfortworth